Wine and cheese pairings make wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas gifts for friends, family and acquaintances. You always want to make sure that your recipient drinks win first, because not everyone enjoys an alcoholic beverage. But if they do, there are some fantastic choices for you to send them.
Premiere brands to consider in this realm can be found at Amazon, where many of them have free Super Saver shipping.
They have some selections that include wine flavored cheeses with other snacks and items like cutting boards, but you can also select an option that includes the actual wine in it.
1. The Fine Wine & Cheese Wine Gift Basket has an array of tasty treats, like a cheese spread, olives, cocktail almonds, and crackers. But it also comes with a Raymond R Collection Chardonnay.
2. Then there’s the Sonoma Tower Food & Wine Gift. It’s much larger than the previous item, and includes a Chardonnay and a Cabernet Sauvignon. It has similar snack items as the other, including almonds, sausage, crackers, truffles, and cheese.
3. A mouth-watering option is the Tuscan Trattoria Italian Wine Gift Basket, which doesn’t come in a basket at all, but a theme-fitting colander for the recipient of your Christmas gift to strain his or her pasta in.
The gift includes a couple of different pasta selections, and two sauces tomato basil and Pesto alla Genovese. They get a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, and a special treat of almond biscotti.
4. Quintessential Reds Wine Gift Collection – This company also has many special collections that serve to make great Christmas gifts. For example, if you know someone who sticks to red wine, then you might gift them the Quintessential Reds Wine Gift Collection that has six signature red wines from France, Italy, Argentina, Australia, Spain, and Chile.
5. You can choose certain regions for your gift selection, like the Grand Tour de France Wine Gift Collection, which includes six wines from the most popular French wine regions two white bottles and four red bottles of wine. With both of these options, you can add your own cheese and accompanying treats.
6. Wine and Cheese Gift Basket Cutting Board by Nikki’s Gift Baskets. This is a simple, yet elegant gift choice that includes a California red wine paired with cheese, almonds, bruschetta crisps and a cute cutting board.
7. The Chalone Double Delight Wine and Cheese Gift Basket is another great choice for your Christmas gift list. It includes a Cabernet Sauvignon and a Merlot bottle, as well as crackers, wine and cheese biscuits, cabernet cheese spread, cheese bars, and chocolate with a wooden cheese board, corkscrew and cheese spreader.